1. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've had a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation as being a seller.
3. Before buying from the new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
4. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.