1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some type of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
3. Be cautious where you submit your credit card information. When you find yourself shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Call the internet company before making a purchase. For those who have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want so that you can know that one could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your charge card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.