1. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
3. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.