1. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
2. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save much more money.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.