1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are purchasing.
2. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, therefore the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
3. When you are making a purchase online, ensure that you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and therefore are only responsible for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
5. Find out more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through a different store.