1. If you are going to be doing some shopping online, make sure you be aware of the liability for every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention integrated while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not would like to get stuck with purchases made on the card if the number is stolen.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some kind of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
4. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
5. Although it might appear tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.