1. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
2. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to explain the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their shipping and handling fees are. Use all this information to choose if these costs and options fit well to suit your needs, your budget, along with your area prior to placing an order.
3. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Be aware of the dangers of shopping online with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much better to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for that safest conditions.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.