1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Find out more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is advisable to go through an alternative store.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. Before making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best offer possible. Also look into what it really will cost for your shipping on your items and when there are free delivery options available to you.