1. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
2. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
5. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings to suit your needs as you may get yourself a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.