1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will provide you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a broad swerve.
4. Make sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is fairly common, and you also must protect your information whatsoever cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never a fun experience.