1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
3. Turn it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are available to be shipped to you.
5. If you want to save cash on the products you buy online and want to make shopping online more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals should you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.