1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Be careful where you submit your charge card information. When you find yourself shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
3. When shopping online, it is crucial that you spend a little time looking at the site that you are considering buying from. You can find information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them can lead to you having the products you did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.
4. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
5. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.