1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
2. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!
3. While shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
4. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you choose the first sale you see, there is a chance you will miss out on an improved deal elsewhere.
5. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are choosing a site to look from. If you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your credit card information, look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a secure page when you're adding your charge card information.