1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
3. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
4. If you want to save cash on the products you get online and wish to make shopping online more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some terrific deals should you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.
5. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.