1. When you are creating any purchases on the internet and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they can have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. If you are going to be doing some online shopping, make sure you comprehend the liability for each and every credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not would like to get stuck with purchases made on your card in the event the number is stolen.