1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer care is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
5. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.