1. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, and so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
2. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply search for at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" as opposed to an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, proceed to a different site to be around the safe side.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
4. Always remember your budget and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
5. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.