1. When you shop online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be easily impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your info on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the main site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. If you like an online store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
5. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.