1. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Before making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best offer possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for that shipping on your own items and in case there are free shipping options available to you.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
4. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Take this into account when you are deciding on a site to look from. In the event you don't feel at ease providing the company with your charge card information, look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a secure page when you're adding your charge card information.
5. When a company has a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and online coupons to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and would use a promotion code.