1. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. To safeguard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
3. Shop around when you shop online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you are able to.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
5. If you like an online store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.