1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
2. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research regarding it. The internet could be a great way to discover other people's experiences with assorted sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can permit you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.
5. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a large swerve.