1. Know about the dangers of shopping online with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for that safest conditions.
2. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
4. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. If you are going to get doing some shopping online, make sure you be aware of the liability for each credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built-in while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not would like to get stuck with purchases made on your own card when the number is stolen.