1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Call the online company prior to making a purchase. If you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want to be able to know that you can reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your charge card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
3. To safeguard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. When you shop online, it is crucial that you spend a little time looking at the site that you are currently considering buying from. You can get information about the website from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them could lead to you obtaining the products you did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.