1. Although it may seem tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
2. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your cash with a company that fails to provide.
3. When you shop online, it is critical that you spend a little time looking at the site that you are considering buying from. You will find information about the website from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them could lead to you having the products you did not order or getting billed more than you should have.
4. Before buying from the new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.