1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
4. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
5. Always remember your finances and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual arena of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.