1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
3. Know about the dangers of shopping online along with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for your safest conditions.
4. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online stores. Many times with some searching, it can save you as much as 25 percent. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.