1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
4. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!
5. Take the time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you ought to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.