1. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
2. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are choosing a site to shop from. If you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your charge card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a site that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
3. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may obtain a discount in the item or perhaps free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
4. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
5. If you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer support representative to correct any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can present you with a lot of reassurance.