1. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. If you are going to get doing some shopping online, make sure you understand the liability for every credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not would like to get stuck with purchases made on your card when the number is stolen.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
4. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.