1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
3. When shopping online, it's best to look around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.