1. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
3. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. Call the internet company before you make a purchase. For those who have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want so that you can know that you can reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your bank card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.