1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. A great tip to consider when you're thinking about online shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
3. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will give you an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a wide swerve.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.