1. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. While shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to find the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.