1. Prior to making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for that shipping on your own items and if there are free freight options available to you.
2. Be wary of any emails you receive, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a web site other than the main one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and type in the web site you would like to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as being a seller.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.