1. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this will provide you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a broad swerve.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.