1. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Take this into account when you are choosing a site to shop from. If you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your charge card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a site that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your charge card information.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
4. When shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy for the greatest price for just about any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel relaxed buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
5. Before buying from the new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.