1. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, it can save you as much as 25 %. Look at a number of websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
3. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can lead to savings to suit your needs as you may get a discount on the item or even free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.