1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
2. In case a company includes a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and coupon codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a coupon code.
3. When you shop online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.