1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
3. Online shopping is a great way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save much more money.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. If you like a web-based store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.