1. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are available to be shipped to you.
2. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with an excellent reputation.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When you are searching for a spot to buy a specific thing and no results are most often from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your cash.