1. When you are searching for a place to buy a specific thing and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not out to take your hard earned money.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Ensure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is very common, and you must protect your information in any way cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.