1. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to deliver.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as being a seller.
4. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you opt for the first sale you see, there is a chance you may miss out on a much better deal someplace else.