1. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. If you are intending to be shopping on the web, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like one that you have in the home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
5. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will give you an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a broad swerve.