1. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Do more research around the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation as a seller.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.