1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.
3. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are offered to be shipped to you.
4. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.
5. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.