1. Shop around while shopping online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you can.
2. If you're concerned with whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about it. The internet can be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with assorted sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can enable you to test out the customer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
3. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.