1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
4. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
5. When you shop online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within dependent on hours.