1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Always remember your finances and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual realm of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
4. Discover the online store's return policy. In case you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
5. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and stick to it.