1. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can be simply impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the main site in the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
4. Turn it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
5. When you shop online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.