1. When you shop online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. When shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.