1. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
3. When shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
4. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
5. Take time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.