1. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation as being a seller.
3. When you are searching for a location to buy an item and none of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
5. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.