1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation being a seller.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
4. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.
5. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider applying for a separate charge card to use only for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.