1. To safeguard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
4. When you are creating any purchases on the internet and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they could have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
5. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.