1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as being a seller.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Discover the online store's return policy. Should you be considering building a purchase on an item that you might want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you may not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.